Songbird is releasing its 1.0 version.
Songbird is an open-source customizable music player. It has been created as an non-proprietary, cross platfrom extensible tool that will help enable new ways to playback, manage and discover music.
According Songbird Blog, “Today, we’re launching with dozens of integrated services, hundreds of add-ons, and a growing developer community. We’ll be the first to admit that there’s plenty left to do. And, while we’re not ready for everyone, 160k users a month are expressing their vote for an alternative music player.”
The new features include:
- GStreamer–Main media playback system.
- Improved mashTape–As you listen to music, you can see Flickr photos, YouTube videos, last.fm, biographies, google news etc for the currently playing artist.
- Improved Album Art Support– Now you can drag and drop of images as well as, toggling between Now Playing and Currently Selected tracks.
- Complete Keyboard Shortcuts
- Updated Linux Installer
- Re-usable Smart Playlists
- Reveal Original Files
- Recommended Add-ons Updater
- Hide & Show Display Panes
- Simpler Column Headings